Skip to main content

Saturday evening :)

I am incredibly thrilled today. Perhaps, it's Saturday evening and I am looking forward to a peaceful Sunday. A day where I meet my bookshelf. I royally ignore it through the week. But every Sunday I sheepishly go to it. "Hello bookshelf, my old friend/ I've come to read again" :)

OR Maybe, this ecstasy comes from my adventureous trip back home :) I have a rare talent to mess up well planned meetings...A simple "task" of catching a train can be messed up:) I can gloriously miss trains or get into the wrong ones, or get out of the correct ones.

I bought flowers today. Long since I did that . I gifted them to myself ! That could be a source of this sudden gush of happiness.

Mirth knows no reasons. It visits you in little moments. It comes alive in a pageantry of moments. Almost anything can make you happy: great food, dinner with your family and friends, a great bargain, a window seat, a long drive, the rain, a new dress, a great day at work, a long chat, a quick "hi" .....just anything . The bottomline is :Don't worry Be Happy.

-OFF TO ENJOY MY WEEKEND

Comments

  1. WE often forget our selves for the sake of others, specially in today's lives. N that is thhe precise reason y we feel so happy and contented to pamper ourselves sometimes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shamiana sparkles with mirth! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Paus

किती वाट पाहिली तुझी? वाटले, येतोस की नाही.आकाशात ढग दाटले की चाहूल लागते तुझी.मंद गार वारा आणि त्यावर स्वार होऊन येतात त्या धारा. कधी शांत ,अबोध रिमझिम तर कधी दमदार बरसात, तर कधी गंभीर संततधार अशी अनेक रुपं तुझी! कधी थोडा विसावा धेतलास, तर आसमंतात शांतता पसरते. लहानपणी छप्परावर नाचणारा तू, आजही साद घालतोस.छोट्या छोट्या कागदी होड्या बनवून त्या साचलेल्या डबक्यात सोडायच्या. बुडणार त्या हे माहिती असायचे , पण त्यांच्या क्षणभर तरंगण्याचा केवढा आनंद वाटत असे. तुझे स्वागत आईनं केलेल्या भजीने व्हायचे. त्या अल्लड वयात तुझ्या तुषारांचा रोमांच! उफाळून आलेला समुद्र आणि मेघांनी मोहरलेले डोंगर ! कधी अचानक दिसलेले इंद्रधनुष.सगळे अद्भुत. प्रणयाच्या क्षणांना तुझ्या संगीताची साथ! तुझ्या धास्तीने लोकलचा केलेला प्रवास आणि कितीही पैसे मोजून घराकडे घेतलेली धाव,मग  आलं घालून चहा आणि सगळ्यांची विचारपूस. तुझ्या बरोबरीचे अस्थानी पराक्रम आणि तद्नंतर मिळालेला  औषधांचा खुराक,हे कधी चुकले नाही . घरी एकटेच असताना ,तू सोबत करतोस की कुठल्या अनामिक भीतीला निमंत्रण देतोस, हे कळलेच नाही . जितका अल्लहाददाय...

To Friendship!

Thank you for being: My friend My guide My confidante My colleague My student  Thanks for :  stealthily making lemon juice at midnight  coming on long bicycle rides on the IITB campus  taking classical music lessons with me  making me read and forcing me to write  bumping into me at Strand  fixing train timings and screwing them, too  motivating me to attend Sanskrit lectures discussing "Tom Joad" with me learning French and tolerating my dismal linguistic skills translating "tum se hi" singing "Tere haath mein" from Fanaa listening to the endless drone that are my lectures sharing my Kafka and Sheldon Cooper obsession becoming the victims for my culinary experiments sharing a samosa paav with me losing your mind over Paradise Lost parsing sentences scanning poetry looking for SPOCA and glides calling Gus a scoundrel and taking that as a  complement sharing a silly chain with me doin...

Still Waters

T hey throng during weekends T hey laugh,click, and “ like ”. I wait and watch the time go by; Wait till the swamp shall devour me. Sad and still the waters hide the hideous face of Nature; Lonely, bare and withering I stand waiting for the Great Spirit To come crashing down on me. I glance at the mass that’s left Waiting to go down. The sore begins to fester and rot. Slow and agonizing water seeps into me. Time slips by. I cling, clutch, sink, and die.