Skip to main content

You and I

"Hi there!
What are you writing?"

"Nothing much.
Something that you said
the other day when we last
spoke of the issues
bothering you, as in me."

"Whose voice is it anyway?
Who's talking: you or me?
It's like coming and going
Who knows what's real?"

"Stop! you confuse me.
Why don't you leave me alone?"

"That defines my being"

"Being what? A nut?"

"I prefer :ALIVE"

"Shut up and let me write"

"That's from Donne"

"Well, let us just say Donne inspires me"

"You suck at writing. Accept and move on"

"Well, how could I excel at anything,with you watching me-always"

"Should we part ways?"

"High time already"

"How would you write without me"

"I would write like a mindless mad creator"

"Maybe you could choose to write in third person;
Takes the pressure off."

Comments

  1. I guess I agree with the last two lines. It does take the pressure off while writing and I say this from personal experience. It allows you scope for being more opinionated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it sure helps to adopt a third person point of view. what's more it is better to take the mind off as well !

      Delete
  2. Every new write up...
    I get to learn some thing or other from it...
    just flawless..:-)


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Shweta ,
      I know my writing is not , cannot be, flawless. Thanks for reading n posting the comment :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Paus

किती वाट पाहिली तुझी? वाटले, येतोस की नाही.आकाशात ढग दाटले की चाहूल लागते तुझी.मंद गार वारा आणि त्यावर स्वार होऊन येतात त्या धारा. कधी शांत ,अबोध रिमझिम तर कधी दमदार बरसात, तर कधी गंभीर संततधार अशी अनेक रुपं तुझी! कधी थोडा विसावा धेतलास, तर आसमंतात शांतता पसरते. लहानपणी छप्परावर नाचणारा तू, आजही साद घालतोस.छोट्या छोट्या कागदी होड्या बनवून त्या साचलेल्या डबक्यात सोडायच्या. बुडणार त्या हे माहिती असायचे , पण त्यांच्या क्षणभर तरंगण्याचा केवढा आनंद वाटत असे. तुझे स्वागत आईनं केलेल्या भजीने व्हायचे. त्या अल्लड वयात तुझ्या तुषारांचा रोमांच! उफाळून आलेला समुद्र आणि मेघांनी मोहरलेले डोंगर ! कधी अचानक दिसलेले इंद्रधनुष.सगळे अद्भुत. प्रणयाच्या क्षणांना तुझ्या संगीताची साथ! तुझ्या धास्तीने लोकलचा केलेला प्रवास आणि कितीही पैसे मोजून घराकडे घेतलेली धाव,मग  आलं घालून चहा आणि सगळ्यांची विचारपूस. तुझ्या बरोबरीचे अस्थानी पराक्रम आणि तद्नंतर मिळालेला  औषधांचा खुराक,हे कधी चुकले नाही . घरी एकटेच असताना ,तू सोबत करतोस की कुठल्या अनामिक भीतीला निमंत्रण देतोस, हे कळलेच नाही . जितका अल्लहाददाय...

To Friendship!

Thank you for being: My friend My guide My confidante My colleague My student  Thanks for :  stealthily making lemon juice at midnight  coming on long bicycle rides on the IITB campus  taking classical music lessons with me  making me read and forcing me to write  bumping into me at Strand  fixing train timings and screwing them, too  motivating me to attend Sanskrit lectures discussing "Tom Joad" with me learning French and tolerating my dismal linguistic skills translating "tum se hi" singing "Tere haath mein" from Fanaa listening to the endless drone that are my lectures sharing my Kafka and Sheldon Cooper obsession becoming the victims for my culinary experiments sharing a samosa paav with me losing your mind over Paradise Lost parsing sentences scanning poetry looking for SPOCA and glides calling Gus a scoundrel and taking that as a  complement sharing a silly chain with me doin...

Still Waters

T hey throng during weekends T hey laugh,click, and “ like ”. I wait and watch the time go by; Wait till the swamp shall devour me. Sad and still the waters hide the hideous face of Nature; Lonely, bare and withering I stand waiting for the Great Spirit To come crashing down on me. I glance at the mass that’s left Waiting to go down. The sore begins to fester and rot. Slow and agonizing water seeps into me. Time slips by. I cling, clutch, sink, and die.